- Office Hours
- Venture Creation Program
- Faculty Venture Creation Program
- YEI Innovation Fund
- Technology Commercialization Program
- Venture Creation Consultants
- VC Advisors
- Undergraduate Portal
Jobs & Internship Opportunities
There are no open positions at YEI at this time. If you are interested in getting involved with YEI, please contact Margaret Lee at firstname.lastname@example.org.
New Haven Tech Jobs
New Haven CTTech.io: Tech organizations and jobs in New Haven.
VerdictGo Social Media Marketing intern
VerdictGo is a mobile application that allows users to pose picture-based questions to their friends or the public and gain instant feedback. Users earn points and recognition within their network for posting popular polls and comments. The product is currently in early-stage development and will be completed for the Android and iOS platforms by the beginning of summer.
The VerdictGo team is comprised of four part-time dedicated professionals in different fields of expertise. Josh graduated from Yale in 2008, after which he started his own travel company and then got his MBA at University of Chicago Booth. He is now a marketer specializing in digital tactics at Pfizer, Inc. Josh leads the business and marketing strategy for VerdictGo. Alex graduated from Cornell in 2012 with a degree in user-interface design. He has years of experience managing coders through previous Bitcoin-related ventures and his current role as head of branding for SharEstates, a crowd-funding real-estate technology company. Alex oversees the app’s front-end design. Both Josh and Alex live in New York while Tory, VerdictGo’s technical co-founder and lead programmer, is based out of San Francisco. Max, as a senior at Emory, is the youngest team member and the originator of the concept. Max is head of sales. Team meetings occur biweekly over Skype.
What we are looking for in applicants:
We are looking to fill a social media and digital marketing role. The intern should have strong written communication skills and an ambition to leverage best-in-class digital tactics to lead VerdictGo’s launch campaign. The intern should be excited to build a social media presence for Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, incorporating third-party tools to supplement their strategy for each platform. We expect a variety of content to overlap, however third-party tools should allow for optimized cross-platform posts. The intern should look to research and leverage leading third-party tools in order to enhance tracking and metrics. We do not expect the intern to know everything at the start but rather to research best-practices, implement them, and share their learnings with the team. We expect the intern to be innately curious and a quick learner that seeks to excel within a start-up environment. The marketer should submit a resume and short cover letter.
What the intern can expect to learn and contribute:
- In one summer, intern will see first-hand benefits of becoming a professional digital marketing manager
- Learn SEO (Search Engine Optimization) and SEM (Search Engine Marketing) core competencies—including advanced paid search and organic search management
- Learn how to structure and manage digital marketing campaigns using the best-practices of today’s top-tier creative media agencies
- Here is the layout of the 2015 summer:
- Onboarding and training—strategic reading materials
- Work with marketing supervisor to scope summer objectives
- Generate individual project briefs
- Search Engine Marketing/Search Engine Optimization (organic and paid)
- Social Media Marketing
- Present strategy to app team and collect feedback
- Edit project brief based on team feedback
- Create a management timeline for each project brief
- Execute on strategy—work with technology supervisor to integrate accounts from third-party social media tools.
- Create and manage paid search campaigns (Google, Bing, Yahoo etc.)
- Integration of keywords within website and iOS/Android store descriptions
- Create and manage unpaid promotional campaigns on social media—full integration of accounts
- Create and manage unpaid promotional campaigns within Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest
- Learn and test techniques from leading social media marketing websites and printed materials.
- Set performance goals—identify relevant metrics with specific focus on cost-per-conversion.
- Measure performance—work with technology supervisor to integrate tracking links and tools. Evaluate the return on investment for each campaign and optimize accordingly.
- Present performance metrics to the full team on a weekly basis.
- Final presentation on summer learnings at the conclusion of the internship.
Name and Short Bio of Supervisor:
Josh Egan was a YEI fellow in 2008. Following YEI, Josh started an 18-person travel operator based out of Central America, where he led the company’s overall marketing efforts. Following this experience, Josh attended University of Chicago’s Booth school of business, where he concentrated in digital marketing and econometrics. Following business school, Josh joined Pfizer as part of its marketing rotational program, where he leads the overarching digital strategy for large brand-name drugs. He is excited to offer guidance and mentorship throughout the summer.
Hours and Wages:
Hours: 40 hours/week for 10 weeks from approx. June 1st to August 15th. Dates are flexible.
Wages: Summer Stipend of $1050.
Submit resume and no more than 1-page cover letter to Joshua.email@example.com by March 1, 2015. Interviews will take place March 3 & 4.