One undergraduate team with a social venture applying for the YEI Fellowship (Deadline: January 26, 2017) will receive special designation by Yale College Dean Jonathan Holloway. All undergraduate teams with a social venture who apply for the Fellowship will be considered.
The initiative is a challenge to the Yale College community to think about serious global issues in health, food and water scarcity, climate change and other concerns, and put together a business plan that will address one of those problems and could, one day, could affect a million lives or more.
If you are interested in applying to the Yale College Dean’s Challenge for Social Innovation, check out the upcoming events and opportunities below!
Introduction to Social Entrepreneurship & Innovation, Patrick Struebi (TBD)
Go to a Hackathon
- Environment & Sustainability Hackathon (date tbd)
- Health Equity & Technology Hackathon (date tbd)
- Yale Healthcare Hackathon: January 20-22, 2017
Attend a workshop!
- Environmental and Social Entrepreneurship Professional Skills Workshops
- Fireside Chat with Nate Houghton, startup leader & social entrepreneur
Explore your idea
Apply to the Venture Creation Program
- Cohort 1 deadline: September 16, 2016
- Cohort 2 deadline: October 28, 2016
Make an appointment with our Entrepreneurs-in-Residence
Anyone interested in on applying to the Dean’s Challenge will be given the opportunity to apply to or meet with:
- YEI Social Entrepreneur in Residence Patrick Struebi
- YEI Entrepreneurs in Residence
Questions? Talk to YEI Social and Environmental Innovation Program Manager Cass Walker-Harvey, firstname.lastname@example.org.